Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

EAA Quilt Weekend!

This weekend I joined a bunch of wonderful ladies at the EAA Airman's Lodge for a weekend of quilting and fun!  I have never been to the EAA before, and I must say it was beautiful! 


This is the wonderful place where we quilted and laughed and stayed for 4 days!  It was a blast!  And here is one half of the room where we quilted.



Mom and I drove up on Friday morning and stopped at Yds.  I needed to get some backing fabric for my bargello quilt and LuLu's quilt.  I found some fantastic fabric for both of these and two hours into the weekend I had both backings sewed together!  Now to check my bargello in at my favorite local quilt store, Patched Works!  They do such a fantastic job, so I can't wait to see the finished product.  And then I will have mom quilt LuLu's quilt! 

The next project I worked on were my Pineapple Blocks for our monthly exchange.  While these blocks take quite a bit of time to complete, I must say these blocks are quite fun!  I am so glad that I am able to participate in my first block exchange.  Hopefully there will be many more!  Here are the blocks I completed this weekend!


I can't wait to continue this exchange and put all the blocks together in a quilt! :)

Finally I started working on my Granny Squares quilt again.  I stated this quilt about a year ago after I found the pattern in a quilt magazine.  My granny was a very special person to me and when I found a quilt "named after her" I knew I had to make the quilt.  Never mind how difficult it may be...this quilt was for me.  So, about a year ago I put together 6 out of the 36 blocks needed and this weekend I finished another 8!  I don't want to toot my own horn, but this was not an easy accomplishment, as each block takes quite some time to complete.  As the weekend went on, I was able to complete each block quicker than the last.  I am looking forward to putting more of these blocks together and completing my Granny Squares Quilt!  Here are the 8 blocks I finished this weekend!


And here is a close up of one of the blocks!  I am so proud of these blocks!


Over all this weekend was a blast.  I got tons of quilting done, bonded with a group of really wonderful ladies, laughed a lot, learned a lot and ate way too much food! :)  So glad mom introduced me to this group of awesome ladies.  And speaking of my mom, she made me this really awesome hot pad this weekend among other projects she worked on.




Until the next quilting adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment