Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011 has come and gone, and while I had planned to get lots and lots of quilted projects done to give to my family, it just did not happen. Most of my family received stacks of fabric, partially completed, and an explanation as to what it would look like in the end...and then I asked for the fabric back! However, I was able to get two projects completely finished.

The first was a tree skirt for my sister Rachel and her husband Jay. Rachel had been asking for one, and both my mom and I told her that there was no way we could finish before Christmas and she would have to wait until next year. I surprised her and Jay however with a completed tree skirt they could still use this year!



Before I could take a picture of it quilted and bound, Rachel and Jay took it home to put under their tree.  I told Rachel that should could have it of course, but wanted it back before they stored it for next Christmas so that I could take a few more pictures and put the label on! :)


The second gift that I finished was a set of four placemats for my other sister Sarah's boyfriend, Mickey. Mickey loves ducks, so I found a Kim Schaefer placemat patten with ducks on it and decided this was the perfect gift for Mickey. He was so surprised and excited Christmas morning!





So two gifts down and a bunch more to go! :)  I still have to finish two rag quilts (one for my dad and one for Rachel and Jay), a Grinch quilt for my mom and a business sign for my sister Sarah's "Klips By Kate" business!  No one is in a hurry to get these gifts (thank goodness), they where just happy to have home made gifts!  So I will take my time in making them and as soon as I finish these I will be sure to post more pictures! :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment