Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Bargello

Last weekend my mom and I ventured to Shawano, WI for another "Deer Hunting" Weekend.  We go with a bunch of ladies my mom works with and one of the husbands asked where we where going one weekend in November when we first started going.  Jokingly the wife responded Deer Hunting and now no matter what time of year we go we say we are going Deer Hunting! :)

So, on a previous Deer Hunting weekend I stated working on my bargello quilt.  Well I am happy to report that I have finished piecing the main top of the quilt.  There are still two boarders (a 2" and 5" boarder) and some piping that needs to be added and then it has to be machine quilted, but I am so proud of it already that I must show it off!!!  Working on it took about 3 full (about 10-12 hours) days of quilting!  My friend Jen has now told me that I need to enter it in a quilt show in April, so I need to get my rear in gear and get the boarders and piping done so it can be quilted!  Here are some pictures...
Rows 1-8

Rows 1-16

Rows 1-24

Rows 25-39

The Finished Product!


Also on this weekend I was able to put together one of the flannel rag quilts that I gave my sister Rachel and her husband Jay and my dad for Christmas.  It still needs to be snipped so that it rags when I wash it, but I am excited to get at least one of them done!  Now onto the second one!

Rachel and Jay's Rag Quilt

I wish there where more hours it the day to quilt!!!  Now off to prepare the bindings for my bargello!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment